What A Hoot!

My name is 'Hoot'. As you might have guessed by my name, I'm a frequent customer at Hooters, and a fan of Hooter girls. I'll be introducing you to a few. For some strange reason, they tell me their stories. I'll share them with you. Come visit often.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hooters, United States

You'll find me at the local Hooters, listening to stories, giving some counsel, and snapping some photos. What a hoot!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Missionary Position


This is Lisa. You’ll never guess.

Although Lisa has been at Hooters for a few years, we just met her a few weeks ago. She normally works days and we are evening regulars. When she came to greet us I noticed the cross around her neck.

“I see your cross. You a Christian?” I asked.

“Yep”, she said. But it was what she said next that shocked me. “I was born again a couple years ago. A preacher and his wife came in here pretty regularly on Sundays after church. They shared the gospel with me. I started going to church with them. I’m a regular Jesus Freak.”

Now, I’m looking at this girl. Her cross hangs between two beautiful breasts, bulging out from behind a skin tight Hooters tank-top. She’s in hot orange shorts, designed to leave very little to the imagination. It’s just not the picture that comes to mind when I think ‘church girl’.

She sat down at the table and asked us if we ‘knew the Lord’.

“We were married in the church” my wife ventured. I’m wondering ‘What the hell does that mean?’

Lisa said what I was thinking. “What does that mean? Does that mean that you believe in Jesus? Are you trusting him for your salvation?”

Wanting to quickly move the focus away from my need for salvation, I shifted, “You’re working at Hooters! Isn’t that, like, a contradiction? Aren’t there sexual overtones to all this? What about the teasing, the innuendo and the alcohol? It seems kind of strange.”

“Yea, I get that a lot. Mostly from Christians, actually. It’s a job. It’s a job I love. There’s some stuff I’m not about. I’m not into flirting or teasing. I approach my job responsibly. I’ve seen a few people come to Christ through my ministry here.”

“Your ministry?” I scoffed.

“Yea, I love Jesus” she declared. “People get to know me and they come to know that my faith is real. That’s ministry.”

Before our evening was over, I had several more questions for Lisa. It got much more interesting.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home