What A Hoot!

My name is 'Hoot'. As you might have guessed by my name, I'm a frequent customer at Hooters, and a fan of Hooter girls. I'll be introducing you to a few. For some strange reason, they tell me their stories. I'll share them with you. Come visit often.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hooters, United States

You'll find me at the local Hooters, listening to stories, giving some counsel, and snapping some photos. What a hoot!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Day Job

This is Charlene. You want to meet her at Hooters – not at her day job.

“When I graduated from cosmetology school it was the first job I was offered. It was sort of creepy, but the money is good… and the clients are dying for my services!”

Charlene applies make-up to dead bodies for a local funeral home by day, and serves up wings and beer by night.

“Mr. Hunter does the embalming and any reconstruction work that is needed, but his hands shake on delicate work, so he has me do hair and make-up. I was a little freaked at first, but I’ve gotten used to it. It’s something I can do to protect someone’s dignity, and also, I hope, to help a grieving family see their loved one for the last time. And I don’t tell stories about the dead – so don’t ask”, she quickly concluded.

I asked, “What do your Hooters customers think about it?”

“Only a few of my regulars know what I do. You’re among the few!” she laughed. “It’s not like what I do is public. Nobody sees me at that job.”

“Have you ever had to do the make-up for anyone you know?” I wondered.

“No. But I’m sure I would if we did a funeral for someone I know. It’s something I can do – something I can give. I have had a couple of times when customers here (at Hooters) have mentioned the recent death of a family member or friend and I knew about it because I did the make-up. I never say anything though.”

I asked if she ever took her work home with her emotionally.

“Kids”, she said. “It’s tough when they are young. I’ve done a couple suicides. It shouldn’t happen.”

So how did she go from working for a Mortician to Hooters?

“Hooters was first, actually. I’ve been here 5 years now. I love working here. I meet interesting people. This is where I interact with the living!”

(I showed Charlene this picture that I took of her ass with my cell phone and she said 'It's so fat!'. I disagree. What do you think?)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home