What A Hoot!

My name is 'Hoot'. As you might have guessed by my name, I'm a frequent customer at Hooters, and a fan of Hooter girls. I'll be introducing you to a few. For some strange reason, they tell me their stories. I'll share them with you. Come visit often.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hooters, United States

You'll find me at the local Hooters, listening to stories, giving some counsel, and snapping some photos. What a hoot!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Around The World To Hooters


This is Anya. There is something so hot about a beautiful Eastern European woman.

I was traveling. I was far from home and saw a familiar sight – a Hooters sign along the highway. When I met Anya I learned that I was not nearly as far from my home as she was from hers. Her hometown is Ryazan, Russia. The road that brought her to a Hooters, not far from our nation’s capital, wasn’t an easy one.

“My father was a manager handling military contracts. When the Soviet Union fell apart, my family lost everything. We lost our government flat. My father had no self-esteem and started to drink. My mother died. My father drank more. He started to want me and my older sister to act as his wife, you know, intimately. When we resisted he became violent. Finally my sister and I decided to make him drunk so he would pass out and not be aroused by us. We worked to buy alcohol. On a good day we would get him drinking when he woke up and have him passed out by noon”, she told me through her heavy Russian accent.

Anya went on to tell me that the most difficult decision she had ever made was to leave her sister behind and come to study in the United States.

“She told me to get out while I had the chance. She said that she would not forgive herself if she kept me from this opportunity.”

The opportunity?

“I was a ‘Russian bride’. Have you heard of this?” she asked.

Answering her question with a question, I ventured, “Do you mean like a mail-order bride, where marrying an American man allows you to come to the U.S.?”

“Yes”, she said. “I was a Russian bride for a man in Connecticut. He hurt me from the very start. He wanted to punish me when other men talked to me in the market. He burned my hand with a cigarette when he saw me shake hands with another man.” She showed me the back of her hand, scarred from the experience. “Then one day he was angry that I didn’t wash his clothes that he needed. He took all my clothes off and shoved me out the door of his house naked. He said, ‘You will see what it feels like to not have clothes that you need!’ And his neighbor saw this. She called the police and then she came over to me with a robe. The police came and arrested him, and the neighbor helped me to leave his house and my marriage.”

So, I’m wondering how she went from being a divorced Russian mail-order bride to a second year student at an American University. I ordered a pitcher of beer so I could get the rest of the story.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home