What A Hoot!

My name is 'Hoot'. As you might have guessed by my name, I'm a frequent customer at Hooters, and a fan of Hooter girls. I'll be introducing you to a few. For some strange reason, they tell me their stories. I'll share them with you. Come visit often.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hooters, United States

You'll find me at the local Hooters, listening to stories, giving some counsel, and snapping some photos. What a hoot!

Monday, December 04, 2006

Holy Hooters

Remember Lisa? She's hot in Biblical proportions.

Lisa (the Missionary) was serving us. I told her, "I've got a couple of questions for you."
"Fire away!", she responded.

"So, where drinking is concerned, is it a sin?"

"In moderation, I don't believe it is. If you're drinking and losing control of yourself - or the alcohol is controlling you - then, yes, it's sin. The Bible says..."

Lisa went on for a several minutes telling me about Bible verses recommending the consumption of alcohol to help you rest and crap like that. Honestly, I wasn't hearing her as much as I was baffled to be having a Hooters girl quoting the Bible to me.

I was in just the right mood to shake it up a bit. So I asked, "What about sex? You're single. If you have sex is it a sin? Are you a virgin? What does the Bible say about that?"

"God intends for sexual intimacy to be experienced in marriage. So, yes, sex outside of marriage is wrong. I am not a virgin. I was sexually active before I became a Christian. But, I've taken a pledge not to have sex until I'm married, because that's the right thing to do. I pray about it. It hasn't been hard. I look at guys and dating differently now", she said.

"You pray about sex?" I joked.

Lisa laughed, "Not like that. I pray for the right guy someday. I pray about my loving and honoring God first in my relationships. Stuff like that."

She excused herself to go and serve another table. I sat remembering a conversation with Jess, telling me and my wife about her decision to remain a virgin until she was married (Not What I Expected To Hear). I wondered if there were Christian roots to her decision. Then again, Jess went on to have a pretty intimate conversation with my wife about masterbating (Intimate Conversation). I laughed to myself: 'I bet God smiles on that!' I thought about asking Lisa to see if it would embarrass her. 'So Lisa, do you...?' The strangest thing happened though - suddenly I got a sense that it was inappropriate to ask. That's never happened to me before. I've asked Hooters girls all sorts of very personal questions and made all sorts of coarse jokes with them and never thought twice about it. What was this all about? I wasn't really all that interested in her Christianity, but I guess I sort of respected her for it. Strange.

Just then Lisa came by the table. "I'll be back in a few minutes. I have a couple of questions for you!"

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home